Christmas is almost here! Are you planning to go traditional, modern cozy, both, or you don’t know the best meals to prepare your family and guests for dinner?
Finding quick to make and delicious dinner meals that your entire family can enjoy during Christmas is of the essence.
Here are our top great recommendable Christmas dinner meals to consider this year!
Note: This article includes affiliate links!
- 1 Christmas Dinner Meal Dishes For Christmas 2020
Christmas Dinner Meal Dishes For Christmas 2020
1. Baked Parmesan Crusted Salmon
A bit crunchy on the outside and moist on the inside, this salmon meal is a must-try. Besides, it comes with a yummy sauce that gives the whole meal an excellent kick taste. To sum up the greatness of this meal, it takes less time to prepare.
1 1/2 kg side of salmon (Fresh)
3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
For parmesan crumb
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (panko or any other type)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin oil in a spray bottle
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/3 cup Parmesan grated, store 1/2 cup fresh grated
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill ( optional)
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
Lemon cream sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 eschalot finely chopped
- 1 1/4 cups dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt and pepper
- Lemon wedges
- Fresh dill
- Preheat the oven at 380 degrees F
- Spread breadcrumbs on the baking tray and spray enough oil
- Bake the bread crumbs until they turn brown, which takes around 4 to 5 minutes
- Then remove and put in a bowl immediately
- Add the melted butter and stir well, followed by the grated Parmesan and
- mix everything well
- Line the baking tray with a foil and spread the salmon
- Apply the dijon mustard evenly and thinly on both sides
- Then sprinkle the bread crumbs all around
- Put in oven to bake for about 20 to 25 minutes
- Make sure to remove the salmon from the foil immediately you take out of the oven so the skin does not stick on the foil
- In medium heat, melt the butter
- Add eschalot and stir well
- Increase the heat, add wine, stir and bring to boil for about 4 minutes
- Reduce the heat again, add the cream, sugar, salt, and pepper as you stir until the mixture turns thick for about 3 minutes
- Add more salt, pepper, and lemon juice to taste and cook for about 2 minutes
- Allow it to cool as this also helps the sauce to thicken more
Spread watercress on a plate and place the salmon on top
Arrange lemon wedge on the sides and add the sauce in a sauce jar to serve
2. Parmesan Brussels Sprouts Salad
If you have had a heavy lunch, I bet the only meal you need for dinner is a light meal that will not interfere with your digestive system.
Salads are an excellent choice for a nutritional and light meal after a long heavy lunch meal.
Brussels sprouts are quite nutritious and versatile in preparation. Here is an easy to make recipe for the salad.
- 8 cups Brussels sprouts, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted almonds
- 5 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup freshly chopped parsley
- 3 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- Shaved Parmesan, for serving
- Get a large bowl and mix in olive oil, lemon juice, parsley, 2 teaspoons salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper until well mixed
- Then add Brussels sprouts and mix well
- Allow it to settle for about 4 hours, but ensure to toss after every 15 to 20 minutes
- Then add almonds and pomegranate seeds and fold in
- Then serve
If you are looking for great and nutritious meals to prepare for your family this Christmas, these are two easy to make meals to try out.
Note that you can combine both meals for dinner or prepare either as a dinner choice.