After an active and fun thanksgiving day, there is no better way to end the day than with a yummy dinner. Here are 4 thanksgiving recipes and thanksgiving dinner ideas, thanksgiving meals ideas, and thanksgiving cooking for 2020!
Well, in this article, we will provide four easy to make yummy dinner recipes for thanksgiving that you can cook for your family.
4 Yummy Thanksgiving Dinner Recipes – Thanksgiving Dinner Recipes Main Dishes
1 . Butternut Squash
This is a fantastic dinner to make if you want a light meal before you retire to bed.
Butternut squash soup is healthy and yummy such that even your kids will enjoy it.
You can serve the soup alone or accompany it with wholemeal bread or butternut biscuits.
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled, seeds removed and cut into cubes
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- 3 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, thinly chopped
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, thinly chopped
- 2 teaspoons of kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees C
- Get the baking sheet; add the potatoes, butternuts, two tablespoons of olive oil, and mix
- Add salt, pepper to season and roast for roughly 25 to 30 minutes or until tender
- Heat a large pot and add your butter to melt
- Then add the remaining olive oil, add the chopped onions, celery, carrots, toss and cover to cook for 7 to 10 minutes
- Season with more salt, pepper, and 1 teaspoon thyme
- Add the baked potatoes and butternut, simmer for 8 minutes
- Add everything to a blender and blend until smooth and creamy
- Garnish with the remaining thyme and serve
2. Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Mashed potatoes are always a win for me when it comes to a tasty dinner for special days like thanksgiving.
This meal has made it to your top four best selections since not only is it yummy, but healthy too. Trust me; your kids will be left asking for more.
- 6 sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups of milk
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- Fresh thyme leaves, for serving
- In a large cooking pot, add sweet potatoes, water slightly above the sweet potatoes, season with salt, and bring to boil until cooked. This takes around 20 to 25 minutes
- Ones cooked, drain the excess water, and add milk, butter, maple syrup, thyme, and pepper. Mash until you form a thick paste
- Garnish with some thyme and serve
3. Butternut Milk Biscuits
If you need a side dish to enjoy with your butternut squash soup, butternut biscuits will do.
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 5 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup of trans-fat free shortening, cut
- 1 1/2 cup of low-fat buttermilk
- 3 teaspoons of butter, melted
- Preheat your oven at 450 degrees C
- Add flour, baking powder, sugar, baking soda, and salt to a food processor and mix
- Add the shortening and mix until you form coarse crumbs
- Put the blended mixture in a large bowl, add in buttermilk, and mix until you form a dough
- Transfer the dough to a flat surface lined with flour and knead until smooth
- Roll the dough to 1/2 inch thickness and cut it into biscuits shapes of your choice
- Then line a baking tray with baking paper and add the cut biscuit pieces dough
- Put in the oven and bake for around 15 to 20 minutes
4. Glazed Green Beans
I recommend this side dish of green beans with mashed sweet potatoes as it brings a great balance of the sweetness on the sweet potatoes.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 shallot, thinly chopped
- 1 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1/2 cup sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cold unsalted butter
- 50 grams green beans blanched
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Heat the oil in a medium pot and cook under low heat for about 5 minutes
- Add the wine, vinegar, and brown sugar, gently stir in and simmer until the liquid is almost dry
- Whisk in the butter and toss with the beans
- Season with the salt and pepper and serve while hot
You can still enjoy yummy dinner meals as long as you use healthy ingredients and use the right cooking methods. Here are our four best main yummy meals and yummy side dishes you can try out.